dimanche, mai 13, 2012

Switching for Apple

Last Friday, I have took the decision to move to Apple... instead of buying my traditional PC laptop to run Windows and Ubuntu Linux, I have acquired a MacBook pro 17"! What a change...

Of course, it will better synchronize with my iPhone, might make me a bit nervous with my Asus tf201 tablet (yes, still on android), but overall, should be a good decision.

- powerful laptop and most likely longer life than my previous PCs...
- nice and big screen to work on many apps, such as spreadsheets and project plans.
- didn't need an ultrabook, given that I have my tablet when being on the road.
- should play nicely within my cloud services and devices
- nicer than all the other PCs design that I have seen ever, while asus might step by step come in the right direction.

So now, I need to get the software I need to run my business...
- a project management application
- a scrum project management application
- a visio-like application
- a small CRM
- an accounting and business management application suite (applicable to the Swiss legislation and best practices)

And of course, the CRM solution should sync with my contacts on Google apps. Best will be to have both PM and Scrum apps working on my Android tablet....

Stay tuned and of course if anyone has any feedback or recommendations, will be greatly appreciated!

1 commentaire:

DaveG a dit…

project man :- I use OmniProject. 1.x The new vwersion adds group sharing and cross project resource levelling.

Scrum: Hmm, Trello? Podio? These have apps for IOS & ?Android

Visio: OmniGraffle, then import templates from graffletopia. You can use it in diffdiagram modes - e.g with brainstorming mode it works like a graphical outliner - use key shortcuts to add siblings, parents, children etc. Great. It is much better than Visio, I have been using it since 2003ish and always do diagrams for work with it.

CRM & Accounts - Sorry, I have no idea.

DaveG